Pivio, the complete health improvement program from Lifestyle Medicine Institute, addresses the root cause of chronic disease: lifestyle choices.
It provides a turnkey solution for organizations seeking to reduce escalating costs of medical claims. It helps people transform their health through a comprehensive lifestyle medicine program.
Pivio provides an ecosystem of learning and support resources—a powerful catalyst for behavior change. These resources include:
- Group sessions facilitated by trained and accredited behavior-change coaches
- User-friendly web application that serves as a hub and guides participants through the program
- Edutainment-style video content to teach participants how to apply lifestyle medicine to their daily lives and build lasting, healthy habits
- Journal to track progress and reflect on the journey toward better health
- Cookbook and online meal planner with over 2,000 healthy, nutritious recipes
- Educational materials (such as articles, fact sheets, and “explainer” videos) on topics related to lifestyle changes and healthy living
- 12 core program videos
- 18+ explainer videos
- 10+ behavior change videos
- 60+ fact sheets
Participants focus on 6 pillars of lifestyle medicine:
- physical activity
- plant-rich eating pattern
- stress management
- sleep and rest
- avoidance of risky substances
- meaningful social connections
LMI partners receive a full turn key solution:
- Marketing and communications tools to promote Pivio in your organization
- Billing support leveraging reimbursement codes
- Training for your facilitator or the option to use an LMI trained facilitator
- Administrative and operational support for implementation
Pivio builds upon the foundation of its forerunner, CHIP (The Complete Health Improvement Program.) More than 40 peer-reviewed research papers prove CHIP’s efficacy in helping to prevent, treat, and reverse chronic disease.
Learn more about Pivio in a new webinar: Pivoting Healthcare
Meet the team
Charles Abraham, PhD
Behaviour Change Scientist
Finance & Accounting Manager
Charmin Aschenbrener, RDN, DipACLM
Coaching Operations Manager
Program & Product Development Manager
Amanda Cruz, MBA
Director of Client Solutions and Engagement
General Manager, Personalized Wellbeing
Personalized Wellbeing Research Manager
Carla LaPrade, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Client Solutions and Engagement Manager
Salvatore Lacagnina, DO
Media, Information, and Service Manager
Client Operations Coordinator
Clinical Reimbursement Solutions Manager
Vice President, Sales and Client Solutions
Jere Stocks, MBA
President, North America
Vice President, Finance and Operations
In 1988 the Lifestyle Medicine Institute (LMI), a member of Australia’s Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing family of companies, launched the Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP). It helped organizations manage escalating costs of health care claims by improving employees’ and patients’ health.
CHIP achieved positive clinical outcomes by changing lifestyles. Participants learned how to change harmful habits into healthful ones.
In 2022, LMI launched the next generation of CHIP. The enhanced brand and solution debuted under a new name: Pivio.
Pivio gives its partners a turnkey solution for restoring health and reducing costs.
The program builds upon the strong foundation that CHIP created. It offers an expanded network of learning resources, informed by years of research. Specially trained and accredited facilitators keep participants advancing toward their health goals.
CHIP has empowered tens of thousands of participants across North America to reclaim their health.
Lifestyle Medicine Institute North America
PO Box 818
Loma Linda, CA 92354
Visit the careers page for current open positions.